Monday 16 June 2008

Alanis Morisette Finally Explains My Humps (Video)

Alanis Morissette has previously avoided explaining why she covered the Black Eyed Peas song 'My Humps' last year, however, with her new album being released she has finally provided an answer.

The song and it's accompanying video has become a YouTube sensation with over 15 million views of her piano driven version of the hit track.

Discussing the reason behind the cover and the rumors surrounding it, Morissette tells The Advocate, "There are 15 different interpretations, and they’re all true. Some of it is me not being precious at all. I was in the studio with Guy Sigsworth and he would say, “What horse from the apocalypse are you bringing in today, Alanis?” Because every song was this tsunami of emotions. So I said, “I wish I could just write a really simple song—a song like ‘My Humps.’ ” Then we had a pregnant pause, looked at each other, and said, “All right, let’s do it!” Within moments we were recording the piano version of it, and within a week we were shooting the video in my garage here at my house. However it’s been interpreted has been entertaining for me to watch."

Morissettes's new album, 'Flavors of Entanglemen', is out now and watch the 'My Humps' video below.


NEXT:  Pete Doherty Dead In New Art Exhibit

Photo courtesy of Maverick.